30, Klauzál street. Built for Simon Landeszmann, herb salesman, and his wife Irma Herzog in 1924. The architects were Miklós and Ernő Román, the building contractor was Ödön Vámos (Sándor Szécsényer is named on the plans). A casino was operating on the ground floor, the mezzanine level and the first floor. The building became home to an electric transformer until 1990, then in the 2000s, when the group called ‘BETA Test of the New World’ moved in, it evolved into a model, open, experimental squat.
In 2015 it faced a major reconstruction and became an office building. Together with Minusplus architecture studio, who were responsible for planning the reconstruction, we designed a new lighting solution for the two-storey high, elegant lobby.
The basic form of the lamp reflects upon the repeating hexagonal motifs of the space. We created the chain originating from the triple hubs by lining up the hexagons. The pattern so derived was then rotated around its median, producing a three-dimensional object, onto the ends of which we fitted an opal poly shade. The triangle shaped units are for the purpose of spatial installations of different sizes and densities.
Lighting concept: minusplus + lumoconcept
Lamp manufacturing: lumoconcept
Interior design: minusplus
Photography: Bujnovszky Tamás